Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baking with Miss Lydia

I was finishing my blog yesterday and Lydia asked me if she could bake biscuits. I almost in a tired voice said no. Then the Lord reminded me to let her grow as He has gifted her. One of the many reasons I love the flexibility of homeschooling! In no time at all she was asking me if she could add chocolate chips to the recipe. Of course their was no hesitating in my voice at this point. I love the simplicity of letting a child learn without "worksheets"and letting them be messy in the process....





Big Daddy Biscuits (Great for dinners!)
or
Chocolate Biscuits (Fun snack!)

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
crumble in 1/3 cup shortening
mix with wooden spoon 1 cup of milk
1 cup chocolate chips (Lydia's recipe)
kneed, press flat, and cut
greased cookie sheet about 10 minutes



Lydia's end result with a clean kitchen! All I did was preheat the oven at 425. I didn't even step in the kitchen once. My daughters are becoming more and more beautiful every day.. inside and out. Next time I just need to get off the computer and watch her!


Miss Elizabeth had her share of fun just playing with flour...


























LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails