Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Praying for a Baby


Sean and I, last November were VERY done having children (complete by doctor visit 3 years ago). When asked if we were having more kids, we would proudly answer, "Our quiver if full, Four and no more!" We were at much peace with our decision and felt we wanted to raise our children then see the world. Well, things changed rather suddenly.... I knew God had tugged on my heart big time and He had a different plan. I was thinking maybe adoption?? Can you fix what we had done?? After I spoke to Sean that morning, he jokingly said, "when I get back from work, I want my wife back!" Well after searching the internet like mad. I found no help. HELLO... why didn't I just get on my knees?? The cost for adoption and vasectamy reversals range from 7,000 - 24,000 dollars. I hit a wall. My emotions flooded me. Reality hit. Tears came. Sean and I gave it to the Lord in prayer...
That evening we went to the Thanksgiving service at church. Bless her heart Julie Sabo asked me how I was doing and thus my heart poured out. Thank you for listening Julie! Anyways GOD OPENED A DOOR WIDE: She just so happened to know a close friend in Virginia, whose husband got a reversal done by a christian doctor. (Plus, his ministry is do to them at very little cost!) I was shocked..... And so was my husband when he stumbled upon us talking. We knew it was from the Lord. Sean added this man from VA as a "friend" on Facebook and gave him his cell number. He called Sean with in minutes. Sean called me right before lunch announcing he had an appointment February 20, 2009! We were traveling to San Antonio!! Back to the internet I went...This verse was the first thing I saw on Dr. Roeders Website last November. I was blessed how quickly God moved. He saw an opportunity and took it! :)
"Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. " Matthew 19:14


Our date night before surgery: The Riverwalk San Antone!Ponchos with dinner.Beautiful View
Doctors Roeders Office
Celebration Lunch

Six months after surgery, God answered our prayers! We conceived!! Although I miscarried we rejoice knowing that someday (hopefully soon!) we will have another little blessing.
I read this verse the evening before I found I out I was pregnant:

Therefore, know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments...And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land." Deuteronomy 7:10,13

These are a few verses I am praying:

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord." Psalm 113:9

"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth." Psalm 115:1

Thank you Lord Jesus for being patient and gentle with me! Thank you for giving me a new understanding to those who struggle with infertility and with those who have miscarried children. You are good! Amen.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails