Tuesday, October 6, 2009

God our Confidence


Elizabeth Jane Buckout, Aka: "Elizabee" or "B" or "My BeezeeBee"

What a joyful and lively little girl she is!! She will be turning 5 years old next month. She was the only baby that we waited till birth to find whether it would be an boy or girl. :) To my surprise, Mabel put a 9 lb 9 oz baby on my belly and I was even more shocked when Sean said, "its a girl!"


Elizabeth truly has the gift of praise and worship. Sean and I are amazed at the biblical truths that literally pour out of her heart as she prays. The other night before bed was simply one of those times. Lying next to her I prayed, then asked her if she wanted to pray. Here are some "little snippets" of what she said:

The slaves worked for the Egyptians
I am so thankful for Moses that he lead the people..
I love Your presence God..
You are my confidence God...
You are my favorite God..
I feel closer to you when I pray
closer to God in my heart..

As soon as I left her room (tearful) I jotted down all I could remember in my journal. As parents we forget things so quickly! So true?

The next morning as I spent some quiet time with the Lord I couldn't help to be thankful for that moment. "God you are my confidence".. can I say those words so boldly has my daughter? Self confidence is preached so much in this world and I began to pounder what God's word said about confidence. These are some simple scriptures I wrote down in my journal (may you be blessed!) :

"You (LORD God) are the confidence of all the ends of the earth.." Psalm 65:5

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

"In returning to rest you shall be saved. In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

"Rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh." Philippians 3:3

"Christ is a son over His house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end." Hebrews 3:6

"And now little children abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. " 1 John 2:28


I was so refreshed that morning! What a joy to meditate on God word.

Thank you for my children God and how they teach me. You are my
confidence and forgive me for my pride. May I always trust you no matter what trials or
circumstances You have for me. I love you Lord Jesus!

Photos by Daddy

Note: Of course, all of our children have amazing gifts. Not one is greater than the other! It is such a blessing being a parent and watching those talents develop over time. (And we have only experienced 8 1/2 years!) I hope I get to write about each child in this blog :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh JuRita, I love this! I'm in tears and goosebumping, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Jurita! I'm loving learning about your family and life in general through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful heart...and perfect name! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You are my favorite" - That's the one that got me. I'm going to start saying that to God, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails