Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 10th: No Longer in My Twenties!

I had a beautiful weekend celebrating my 30th birthday. My dear love Sean took me to The Nines in Portland (of course after stopping by The Bins in Milwaukee!) The hotel was very "swank". Not our usually cup of tea, but none the less delightful!

We ate dinner at The Departure located on the top floor. Very "cosmic" style. I could have used a little more food, but was VERY thankful we had access to the Club Level which supplied us with treats and beverages at all hours!


After exiting elevator top floor...

Mirrors everywhere :)
Our "dinner"
Club Level treats

The next morning we spent sometime together at Powells Bookstore. People were waiting in line before they opened! Oregon really has LOTS book lovers. :) A great rainy day activity. I ALSO had a wonderful birthday gift: found out I was pregnant!! But God.. had another plan (I miscarried earlier this week. Big bummer!) We will keep praying and trusting.

Anyways all seemed normal again after we picked up our kiddos at my parent's house (THANK YOU GRANDPA AND GRANDMA!) I say normal because Sean and I feel a little lost without our kids.. (he he.. we always laugh) lots of time to make decisions and it SO quiet!!! We loved every minute though!

After we got home we shared a cupcakes together and sang Happy Birthday. I love my husband and children.


Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of life you have given me. Thank you for the short life you created in me! And thank for those little children that are growing so fast... and the perfect husband for me. All these gifts teach me about you Dear God!! You are my all and all!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. JuRita so sorry about your loss. I am praying you experience the comforting arms of our great Savior and lover of our soul. I have loved watching your love for Sean grow. Don't our husbands get better each year! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we ate at Hotel Fifty we laughed when they brought us our food. What, do we look like we can't eat more than a toddler's sized portion!?!?! Goodness...give me more. We stopped ordering food, ate what they brought and then got some yummy food at a sushi place. SO GOOD.

    Praying for you and the baby thing, pray for me too. God knows though, he really does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a wonderful birthday celebration! The Nines looks beautiful! I had sampled a little of the food from the restaurant when I was at the Chefs Auction..I am all for more portions too ;) I am sorry to hear that you lost a little one, my prayers are with you and Sean. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails