Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Psalm 119:14-18



Murrieta Hot Springs: CC Bible College


I love God's word. Nothing in this life has refreshed my spirit more. I have enjoyed the same Bible for twelve years, which now is a "life journal" of it's own. (I like to write in the margins: dates, praises, references). I attempt to read through the Bible every year, but since I have had children its takes me at least two years. :)

I am came across these verses in Psalm 119 the other morning. (I highlighted the words that spoke to me.)

14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways.
16 I will delight myself in Your statues; I will not forget Your word.

Loved it: rejoice, meditate, contemplate, delight, not forgetting Gods word. I spent some time asking myself if I put these words to action in my life? Then I read the next two verses:

17 Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word
18 Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.

Dealing bountifully. I can handle that! :) Open my eyes. That sounds good. But was reminded again with those "margin notes" what it truly meant! When I was 15 years old, my brother-in-law and sister shared with me how to use a Strong's Concordance, (using a huge Hebrew/Greek dictionary before the easy internet.) Thus, I looked up words that caught my curiosity!

In the margin next to "Open my eyes" I have written the Hebrew meaning: strip disgracefully or uncover, remove, to go into exile.... Not exactly what I had in mind! How wonderful is our Lord! And sometimes for me to see His greatness and the truth in His law I need a good eye openin'. I love how willing the Psalmist is too, asking God to deal bountifully with him, but also strip or uncover/remove what is in front of his eyes. I am I allowing God to remove what He needs to?

God thank you for your word! Thank you for speaking to me in it. Even if I don't cover all the reading I would like to in one day. May I meditate, contemplate, delight, and not forget Your word.. and rejoice too!

Mountain Top Retreat Center: Applegate Christian Fellowship





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails