Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moving......again (Part 2) THE "ADVENTURE" HOUSE




NW Rosewood Dr. Corvallis  Aka "Adventure House"


Some dear friends of ours recently went on their own little adventure at this home. (They will remain anonymous because it is there heart desire to give God all the glory.)  When on vacation, the home they own flooded from a bursting pipe in the attic. Literally flooded. They needed a rental home asap! Plus, it needed to be close to their existing home for easy access in salvaging what they could. A home just "happen" to open the next day. (God provided! Even the rental company was shocked!). An option of a six to one year lease came up. They knew God wanted them to sign a year lease and felt He had put it on their hearts to offer it to us when their remodel was complete.  So we prayed.... (It was perfect timing because our own landlord was up in the air in whether to sell the current house we were living in ...Part 1, 17th St...which sold after being on the market 3 days!)  Can you believe this family lost almost everything they owned and wanted to bless others during that time??? What an example! They boldly proclaimed and now had to live out Colossians 3:2 "Set your mind on things above, not on things on this earth."

We came to visit them at the "Adventure House" (what their children named it!). I was overwhelmed. Lets just plainly say it: it was HUGE to our standard AND God gave us provision till June. I was overwhelmed!!!(whoops..I already said that!)  Not by the size, but the money we would save.... or better said the debt we would pay off.  We left that day, driving down the mountain and I knew it would be a time for us to SEEK HIM and GROW IN HIS WORD. I don't deserve this blessing Lord.. you are good! A couple verses I feel the Lord really wants us to hold on:

"Sow for yourselves righteousness
Reap in mercy
Break up the follow ground
For it is time to seek the LORD
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you."
Hosea 10:12

and this verse (the entire book actually!)  Sean and I have been praying about since 2005:

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'Consider your ways! Go 
up to the mountains and bring wood and build
the temple, that I may take pleasure in and be glorified.'"
Haggai 1:7-8



So here we are "adventuring"away. Our kids have loved the size of course. I am not overjoyed with the amount of cleaning but I don't kill myself over it! We live practically at the top of the mountain. It is so quiet.  Reminds me of an extended vacation home with all of ones belongings.

So, please pray for us! We are really seeking where God is going to have us live next. Rent? Buy? ect.  I am brought back to my knees again because I am having to TRUST not knowing where we will be in nine months. My heart longs to be settled..... did I mention this was the 28th move in my 30 years of life???  I long for my eternal dwelling with my Saviour!  Till, then I am in Your hands God!


Our new side yard to the left. The kids just went exploring this morning and found a new pet lizard. :) Here are some more pictures below...


Back yard visitors... :)



Through dining room...
Sean took me outside to see this moon-lit night.. wished I had a tripod.

Trust in His faithfulness!
To be Continued (June 2010)....


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails