Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Shroud of Lydia


After we enjoyed our little harvest carnival, my Geisha girls were ready to get out of their custumes. Lydia was the first to run up to the shower.  (We got some cute outfits at Walmart and found some black hair spray to complete the look.)  The black die was pretty heavy in the hair and without realizing Lydia let the black water run down her face into her eyes. Poor Girl! She grabbed a towel quickly to wipe her face. In the moment I was not too happy seeing my brand new WHITE towels (first time in 5 years!) covered with a huge black smudge. Sean was gentle with Lydia. I on the other hand, was more concerned about the towel and running it in bleach, cold water and detergent! SILLY MOTHER I AM!

I have asked Lydia and the Lord to forgive me... my frustration was uncalled for. A few days ago, Lydia was siting on the counter while I brushed her hair and she said, "look mom its my face!".
Sometimes we over react and now I will treasure that stained towel forever. Praise the Lord! Enjoy the picture!! (Note: it has been washed two times)







Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath... James 1:19
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails