Monday, January 18, 2010

Today is Tuesday!!

Jason was singing a "Tuesday" song he made up and I couldn't help but to think how much better TODAY has went than yesterday!

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

I was a little stressed on Monday because the kids had very little effort in wanting to learn. How can I teach when they have no desire to learn?? I did not do well establishing order and really think I just tried to throw it together to fast and without thought. Homeschool is a learning process even for mommies.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

After praying, seeking, and thanking the Lord help for a new day this morning, I knew wanted the kids to have fun. Do their normal chores and homeschool, but lighten it up in the process. I did a quick search on the internet and found this site for Games. ( I wrote down the names: Cross the Sea, Marble Cliff Hanger, Might I Bite?, Power of the Printed Page, and Time Capsule Letter for reference as I needed them.) Also, encouraged Lydia to bake something so I could incorporate some math for her. Her cake is cooling has I speak. (She uses The Alpha-Bakery Book, it's wonderful!) I think I am going to let her frost it any old way she wants too! I was blessed to just be spending time with my kids today. We hung out in the kitchen and living room all morning and noontime. It was great!

Anyways, hope you enjoy these videos... and yes, this IS how my house looks during a average homeschool day! Forgive me for the Gerbil food on the floor! Jason was "feeding" them!

video




video

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails