Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lydia's Bakery

Well, I must say ever since I started this blog last September, my daughter Lydia has grown leaps in her culinary skills. All I had to do was let her have freedom in the kitchen. See blog Baking with Lydia. I have no doubt someday she own a bakery or be teaching her own children. She already is guiding Elizabeth through the process. Not to mention, she will be a HUGE help when I have our baby in July. It will be wonderful to ask her for help in the kitchen!

We recently sought out recipe books for kids at the Library. The colorful pages and simple recipes encourage her little mind! She also is learning great fraction skills. (Something I remember crying over in school because my mind would scream "I just don't understand!")

Here are some cute pictures from her recent creations. Blessings and love to you all!

Her very first cheese cake! Look at that grin! :)

Simple book from the Library.


Our "temporary dwelling" has a baking counter great for her height.


A special gift from Daddy for her sugar cookies!


Our own Clabber Girl (from baking powder)!


For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesian 2:10


4 comments:

  1. Best cheesecake I have ever witnessed! Teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Lydia! You and Ben would get along great...we call him our little chef! he even got a star wars cook book for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will be the star of all bake sales!

    Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. [Prov. 22:6]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey JuRita,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I admire Lydia's culinary skills!!! Is she open to teaching lessons?!?!? :-) The cheesecake looks DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails