Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hard Lesson Learned

As I sit here and type, my daughter Elizabeth finally took her one bite of Alfredo and Broccoli! So, an hour and half later, a few spankings, and even time out in the corner revealed all the stubbornness bound up in her little heart. But praise the Lord she just did it and is praying with her Daddy!!! She is so happy for Jesus' help and forgiveness.

Ya see, I hope is a lessoned learned for my children, but more so for Sean and I has parents. This is the first time in our 9+ years of parenting that we have EVER made our children eat their veggies. So, the past week and a half (so far) they have taken one bite of whatever vegetables I may make. We have tried salad, green/yellow beans, carrots, spinach (not cooked), potato salad, celery, and yes BROCCOLI. Everyone has struggled and overcome. I have even struggled watching... Even angry when we have had to clean up what has been "brought back up".

LESSON LEARNED: AS SOON HAS MY CHILDREN CAN EAT SOLIDS THEY WILL TRY EVERYTHING ON THEIR PLATE.  How selfish it is of me to "not pressure" them to eat certain foods so I can have a peaceful dinner.

Our children are also understanding the importance of their example will be to their new sibling(s) in the future. It has taken consistent discipline on all of our parts and we are starting to see how easy it really is to OBEY. And God blesses us when we do!

My little Bee finished her Alfredo and now is enjoying some Hot Chocolate. Thank you Lord!

Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred.
Proverbs 15:17



Here are some photos from our first "salad" night. 




We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails