Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Waiting and Dwelling


"Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations." Psalm 90:1


I am not fond of waiting. Our cats seem to have no problem with it! We thought for sure living in the "Adventure" Home they would be all over the property hunting till their fill. (Ok, I will give the black cat Frenchy aka: Killer credit... she has been the most bravest!) Every now and again she hunts a mice or two!) Maybe they are just afraid of neighbor dogs, deer, or the occasional turkey. OR maybe they are content with running up and down the stairs for exercise. Who knows! 

Moving for my 13th time in 10 years, makes me yearn for my heavenly home more than ever! I have also realized I have more than I really need. We've recently sold an extra set of couches, exercise machine, futon and our huge TV is about ready to go. (I am sure the Israelites learn to carry less and less on their travels with Moses... ya just don't want to keep chuggin' it along!)

Praise the Lord we hunger in our hearts for ETERNITY with Him. My investments must have more eternal value than temporary.  I want to store up treasure in heaven! (Matthew 6:19-21) We have been full circle seeking the Lord to WHERE He wants us to live and HOW (rent or buy).  Even looked into purchasing a Yurt! Every time we venture out in some new idea He closes a door and says : REST. 

I say: "But Lord it is so hard to rest when I want to NEST!" 

He is working out the details. I very much look forward to our new dwelling, so as He commands I can trust, dwell and feed on His faithfulness (Psalm 37:3) till He returns. ALSO..... have a homebirth in 18 weeks ;)

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4


To understand the first part of this story read October / November Moving Again (Part 1 and 2)

3 comments:

  1. How lovely is his dwelling place! Praying for you all - a yurt? Now that's an idea! Love you guys! Prayerfully awaiting your newest little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this sweet friend...it comforts my heart as we are living out of this hotel in Mass., traveling back and forth, and not really having a "home" anywhere yet. It's challenging as a wife and a mom...but I love that verse...Psalm 27:4! I will be praying for you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers Kelly and Jen! I will be praying for you both! Jen, does this mean we missed seeing you? Are you completely moved from Oregon? Blessing and love to you ladies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails