Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daddy's Hard Worker

All the kids were working this hot afternoon, but I had to take these pictures of my dear Elizabeth. I love my "Bee" so much! You see, if there is anything that she needs encouragement (and sometimes correction) right now, it is effort. She rarely is motivated to do any of her work. Lets just say she moves a little slower than the others. But what a delight to see her grow! Even this week she has "throughly" cleaned the bathroom (a word we use VERY often with our kids!). And even offered to make my bed!
Dad was working on unloading the Harvest Carnival supplies into our extra garage and Elizabeth kept on working till the end. Look at those sweaty cheeks!

Those boards were not light!


Could not resist this picture of my gorgeous hardworking husband!

Proverbs 6:6-11
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, 7 Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, 8 Provides her supplies in the summer, and gathers her food in the harvest. 9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? 10 A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep—11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, and your need like an armed man.





2 comments:

  1. It blessed my heart sooo much to see my children take the iniative! That is a word I use a lot around here. If you see something that needs to get done, then do it! They get huge kuddos and even some code saves when I catch them doing good things like that.

    What does your hubby do for a living?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacie! Sean is the Children's Pastor at our church. http://www.calvarycorvallis.org/about_us/sean-buckout

    It is a blessing because he has flexible hours (can come home for lunch and we can see him at church during the week), but too the balancing act between ministry and family can be difficult! But I think every job is like that!
    What do you use for "code saves"?
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails