Sunday, October 10, 2010

Couch to 5K..Can I do it?

Find C25K (Couch to 5K) on AppStoreHQ.
  iPhone apps at AppStoreHQ

Well, my intentions on trying the Couch to 5K is to get me up and moving again. I did aerobics before Hadassah was born, but I have not been a runner since Lydia was a toddler. (Back then I was able to manage a 5k).  I just completed my first week of the C25K for my 31st birthday! yay!  I have felt great and love the "coach" on my ipod telling me when to run and walk! It is a 9 week program and progressively the runs get longer till you are up to 30 minutes of running. For me easier said than done. Especially when the rain and wind comes around. Thank you Bethany for telling me about this... maybe someday I will be able to run with you;). I will keep you all updated.

 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne ofGod.3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls...
Hebrews 12:1-3

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I made it to week 6 and then my hip so no more :( Can't wait to hear about your progress. I've done this program once before, week 3 and 4 are hardest for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on week three, but that's been over the course of about 6 weeks. It's been hard to fit that in along with Jazzercise. I'm ok with it taking longer than 9 weeks as long as I get there eventually! I'm aiming for the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving! Good luck JuRita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about this too and started last week. I reinjured the muscles around my tailbone though, so now I have to heal first. I miss exercising!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails