Friday, October 8, 2010

Officially a Chickasaw Indian!

I am very happy to say what a privilege it is to know more about my family history. Thanks go out to my big brother Mike for all of his effort in researching!!!

Last week, after a few months of applications, I received my CDIB (Certificate Degree of Indian Blood) and then my Citizenship Card for the Chickasaw Nation!

It might not seem like much, but now my children can be certified and receive all Chickasaw Benefits! Chickasaw Reading books, flash cards, Honors Club, and even a Clothing Allowance each year!  Later in college they will be able to apply for scholarships and grants. What a blessing!!

So where does this blood line come from... My Great Great Grandpa, Born in 1871.  He was a father of 8 children and died only at age 61. He was a cowboy too! Unfortunately, a horse fell on him while riding and crushing his abdomen.

As I ponder my someday having my own grandchildren... what a joy it will be to share this piece of history with them!


Found this while perusing their website... :)


In Choctaw    Atvloa 23

Atvloa Lewi Vt ikbi tok.
Chihowa hvt chukfvlhpoba chomihchit si vpesvchi yatuk o, nanah sv bvnna he keyushke.

2.   Hvsshuk okchvmali ai impa yo sv bohli hoke; afoha oka ontvlaka svsht aya hoke.
3.  Vmish shilombish a fvlvmmichit okchvli hoke; ilap hohchifo hatuk mak o ai vlhpiesa hiua putta ka svsht aya hoke.
4.  Micha ai illi aiokhlileka okfah kia ak ayah mak osh, nanah ik achukmo i sv nukshopa he keyuh; chishno ak osh is svbafoiyukkakma, chim iti tvpa micha chi tvbi vt sv hopuhlvli hoka.
5.  A tvnvp vhlehah itikba va nan vpa vtahlit ai impa ya sv tikba ish hilechi hoke; sv nushkobo ha bila isht ish vhvmmih chatuk oke; vm isht ishko vt vlota hoke.
6.  Okchayvt ahatta lih ittatakla nittak moma ka, achukma micha i hullo bieka hosh siakkaya chi hoke, mikma Chihowa im vboha ahatta li nittak fvllaya hi oke.


A Psalm of David

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
2.   He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3.  He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. 


An Indian Version
The Great father above a shepherd Chief is.  I am His and with Him I want not.
He throws out to me a rope and the name of the rope is love and He draws me to where the grass is green and the water not dangerous, and I eat and lie down and am satisfied.

Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down but He lifts me up again and draws me into a good road.  His name is WONDERFUL. 
Sometime, it may be very soon, it may be a long, long time, He will draw me into a valley.  It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not, for it is in between those mountains that the Shepherd Chief will meet me and the hunger that I have in my heart all through this life will be satisfied.

Sometimes He makes the love rope into a whip, but afterwards He gives me a staff to lean upon. 
He spreads a table before me with all kinds of foods.  He puts His hand upon my head and all the "tired" is gone.  My cup He fills till it runs over.  What I tell is true.  I lie not. 
These roads that are "away ahead" will stay with me through this life and after; and afterwards I will go to live in the Big Tepee and sit down with the Shepherd Chief forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails