Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Homeschool Vacation Recovery

I lost it yesterday... more than once. I wouldn't say 'lost it' means I was yelling at my kids, but more so letting the tears flow while explaining my exhaustion to my husband. Vacation had caught up with me. "Back to life, back to reality... (80's song...ha ha)" I had kids to direct, homeschool to begin, laundry soap and bread to make, shower myself, and make a grocery list and get to the store. I was tired by noon (with only a few things done). I knew it was because we just had almost two weeks off, but I still wanted my life to flow perfectly!

That evening, Sean presented me with a schedule for the kids. I was not offended at all because I want someone to tell me what to do! My brain was not working.

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor 11:3

Today it began. No special rewards, no star charts, just this is the way it is going to be kids! Sean even had to wake two of the kids up this morning. It has been good for me. Even now I realize it's time to get off the computer because the kids (and I) only have 7 more minutes till routine change. I enjoyed the short break while they made Labyrinths for their History project. Maybe I will take a picture of them ;)

Click to enlarge
Anyways, be encouraged after 6 years of homeschool and many different schedules from year to year this is what we are trying (this week!) .. gotta go!




3 comments:

  1. Very exciting and it looks great! I had a couple of questions. What time to you get up during the week and what time do the children get up?
    What is morning offering?
    I thought there were more the first time I looked at it, but now I don't know what they were. :-) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Well, after only doing this for two days.. i realized i need to get up earlier. I can only manage to pour a cup of coffee before the kids wake up! Morning offering is a worship, prayer and communion time at the church from 6-7am. Sean leads it on Mondays. Thursday all staff is there too.
    FYI: today was very difficult. so i praise the Lord for his strength! learning to go with the flow and listen to the holy spirit for my childrens needs!
    blessings! see you friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am singing the very same song!!! But, with everyone sick, I have a little excuse to just extend our vacation a little longer! :-) That is great that Sean made the schedule. There are times when I just have to tell my husband to tell me what to do...cause I don't need something else to think about! :-)

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails