Monday, December 6, 2010

Couch to 5K: Update

Here's the update: I FINISHED the 5k Turkey Trot! (With the help of a Couch to 5k App and my friend Hiliary.)

This is a big accomplishment for a mommy of five! I did aerobics after baby #4, but due to time and money running has been a great option for exercise. (Note: you will definitely NOT seeing me running half marathon like many of my friends! But props to all you ladies!)  Running is a very spiritual process for many, myself included. Even today when I went running, I have to tell myself to keep going (out loud!) and not give up. Makes me think of pregnancy too! Spiritually though, there are times I want to quit and just be in heaven with my Savior. The New Living Translation quotes Phil 3:13,  "I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."


So what is next? Signing up for a race can be a push/encouragement to keep me running. I am thinking about doing the Capital Mile and the Willamette Mission Trail Challenge 5K with my hubby. He has been already training himself.. Go Sean!

So if your are not a runner physically: Recently I found a blog called Keep Running.. its a great one to add to your list for Godly encouragement!

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness 
is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, 
and of that which is to come. 1 Tim 4:8

giving it all I had left.

my babies and I 
Dad getting ready to run the 1K with the kids (photo by Lydia Joy)
Elijah got 3rd place! Way to go!!



2 comments:

  1. This is simply awesome! Wow! Go girl! And by the way props to anyone who does the willamette mission trail run...it is like an obstacle course! have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen... have you ran it?? Sean did cross country so he is excited about it, but it will be a first trail run for me. It mentions on the website to be prepared to get dirty and wet. Even run through standing water! yikes! Lord willing.. we will see if it works out ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails