Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mama's Mission: February


My mission last month: "brush out my girls hair every night.  They both want to continue to grow out their hair, but I need to teach them how to take care of it better! Sean even bought them an "outchless" brush last night. So, perfect timing.

Other goals include: I would like to smile more when my husband comes home, do my best to have the house in order and all daily homeschool work set aside so Dad can see what we worked on."

RESULT~


Mission NOT Accomplished YET

But I am not going to beat myself up! I managed the hair brushing about 60% of the time. AND it was a blessing to have my girls more aware they can try too! This is the brush I spoke of (it has been a huge relief for the girls and we highly recommend it!)
Goody Ouchless

As far as the homeschool goal: it got mentioned to my husband, but never did it!  I will keep in it mind. I have made a point to TALK to him about what they are learning and what subjects we accomplished that day.

Mission of the Month

February's mission:  Get showered and dressed BEFORE my children are up. Easy to say, not so easy to do. I know it will help my day tremendously.  

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

(Want to join the Mama's Missions? Click on the buttons above!)






6 comments:

  1. Do you use a detangler spray too? I have thick curly hair and I always have to use it even if I use conditioner in the shower. I use it every morning too when I brush my hair. I like the Patene one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! It's a J&j brand I found in the baby section at Winco.. It works great on wet or dry:). Had house church tonight .. We are going to be splitting into two groups it has gotten pretty packed out. Miss you.. Please enjoy the nice warm weather for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting up early is something I need to work on too. I mean to do it so that I can have devotion time and get dressed and set for the day. I just can't seem to get my lazy self out of the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JuRita bless your heart....you are a fabulous amazing Mother!!! I am so encouraged that you are setting a standard to bless your husband, love you children and teach and care for them......but in all the goals remember one day your house will not be messy anymore, the girls hair will be their own, your husband will actually miss the chaos when he gets home from work. Lets enjoy some of the mess, lets enjoy some of the projects that dont get done, lets enjoy the days we dont look our best because one day VERY soon we will have that clean house, we will have time to take long showers, we will have that quite, too quite and we will look back and wish we would have enjoyed and relaxed more in those crazy times more! I am also speaking to myself! It is such a joy to watch your family, thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dory! You are an encouragement to me...BIG Hugs, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Yeah we really miss a smaller group. We went to a ministry meeting the other night to see where they needed help and that was nice. It was very small. I'm doing meals for mamas :) Much different here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails