Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rainbow Cake!


I was inspired by fellow bloggers around the world to try this gem of a cake! (See PaisleyJade and Count it All Joy for their Rainbow Cakes!) I had to purchase three extra cake pans and icing dye, but next time around I will be good to go.
The inspiration came at the perfect time because our House Church was meeting that evening.. better yet it was Judah's 4th Bday!
It was so fun to watch all the kids faces (and adults!) when we cut the first piece!  We did our best to keep it a secret. Although, everyone new something was up because the cake was SO TALL :)


The Rainbow Cake was made from scratch, with this simple recipe. We blended in the colors and baked at 350 degrees till done:
  • 2 sticks butter or margarine softened
  • 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups milk
My sister gave me this great Buttercream Frosting recipe too (I doubled it for the cake.. could have tripled it because I didn't have any left for decor):
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 tps. vanilla
  • 4 C. powdered sugar (1lb)
  • 2 Tbs. milk
  • 2 or 3 Tbs. light corn syrup (check consistency)
MIXING fun!
BAKING fun!
EATING fun!
Not much left...

"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. 
It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth." 
Genesis 9:13

3 comments:

  1. Wow - it looks fabulous!! I just love the moment when you cut into it. Loving that scripture at the end too. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails