I was inspired by fellow bloggers around the world to try this gem of a cake! (See PaisleyJade and Count it All Joy for their Rainbow Cakes!) I had to purchase three extra cake pans and icing dye, but next time around I will be good to go.
The inspiration came at the perfect time because our House Church was meeting that evening.. better yet it was Judah's 4th Bday!
The Rainbow Cake was made from scratch, with this simple recipe. We blended in the colors and baked at 350 degrees till done:
- 2 sticks butter or margarine softened
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tps. vanilla
- 4 C. powdered sugar (1lb)
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 2 or 3 Tbs. light corn syrup (check consistency)
Not much left...
"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds.
It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth."