Saturday, April 16, 2011

Couch to 5K: Update

Well, I am still running. It really is a shock for me! I never did do the Trail Runs I blogged about.. Oh well. I didn't have any motivation for a couple of months. ALTHOUGH, my dear friend H---- asked me to do a run for Love Inc last month and it exploded the drive again to keep trying!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" Hebrews 12:1

 We were hoping it was trail run too, but because of the wet weather they changed the course.  I finished! Whoo hoo! This time I brought my ipod with me and had worship music. It made all the difference. I don't have to hear myself breathing ;)  I was so blessed, my results were as follows:
919 Jurita Buckout   
25th Overall    
31 F   3/16 (3rd in my age group!)     
27:45 (my last race was 28:06!)  
8:56 (average mile)

So what is next? I registered for this 5K today: I love CARDV.  Check it out and see if you want to join me!

It is always hard for me to commit but I did!  I hope to get out and train even more, though I have been supplementing my aerobics with Jazzercise twice a week. No I am not teaching it this time! ;)  

I ran into a friend at the library and she encouraged me to do a Triathlon in August. I might just consider trying! I will let you know if I do.. there will be plenty to blog about;) Honestly, my bike is broken and I never swim... I'll keep ya posted.

Have a great weekend!
ox



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails