Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Decoupage Coffee Table

"Decoupage (or découpage) is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cutouts onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaf and so on" (no, not an Oregon word Wendi;))

When we took Spring Break off from Homeschool, I was inspired to get a little creative with a rose catalog we had lying around. The kids and I all went to work. They were bored after the first few days, so I finished it about 2-3 weeks later. :) Between my bunting, vintage chair and now my colorful coffee table.. I am embracing and loving a new relaxed style of decor. I will forever cease to want a Martha Stewart or Better Homes and Garden house. (period). I never have had one anyways! Props to those of you who can!! :)

we put scriptures throughout...



 Can you tell I ran out of roses? One third are all kinds of flowers and vegetables! ha!

(Sean made the coffee table 4 years ago. We needed one for Thanksgiving. The top was just a piece of press board. After the roses were on he finished with a coat of polyurethane.)



Delight yourself in the Lord!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails