Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Explaining our Decision....



So why North Carolina??? You might ask. Why are you "leaving the ministry"???


This is what my husband recently shared and I thought it would be applicable for my blog. Hope this answers your questions or curiosity:


Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters,


After a long season of prayer and knocking on doors God has called me to move on from Calvary Chapel. While we will miss all of you and the families of Calvary Chapel dearly we are looking forward to a fresh season of huddling together as a family and seeking the Lord. I have accepted a job in North Carolina driving a vending route. We will be leaving on May 22nd. A while ago I read in Genesis 33 about the meeting of Jacob and Esau. After making peace, Esau desires Jacob to ride on with him and his 400 men on horseback. Jacob, being with his wife, children flocks and herds responds this way: 


12 Then Esau said, “Let us journey on our way, and I will go ahead of you.” 13 But Jacob said to him, “My lord knows that the children are frail, and that the nursing flocks and herds are a care to me. If they are driven hard for one day, all the flocks will die. 14 Let my lord pass on ahead of his servant, and I will lead on slowly, at the pace of the livestock that are ahead of me and at the pace of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir.”


God is calling me to slow my pace and invest in my family. While I understand this could be interpreted as stepping away from ministry, I only see it as quadrupling my efforts. I am but one man, and yet God has entrusted me with five children who can have a far greater collective impact for the Kingdom of God then just this one man. I desire to poor into them and my wife as Jesus walked with and poured into His twelve. 


He then ended by asking for prayer as we make this move/journey/transition and for the upcoming changes in childrens ministry at our church. We are embracing and looking forward to this new season of life in obedience. 


God is good!
Smiles,

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. It's a big change, but it's your decision. Where in NC are you moving? It's now my "home" state after spending my whole life in the Northeast. I kinda love it.

    And I have your picture all matted and ready to go. I just haven't had a chance to ship it to you. Who knows? Maybe now I can hand deliver it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good always! He will honor your obedience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are making a cross country move!! We love NC in so many ways. My closest friend lives in Raleigh. 2 yrs ago we made our way to the Outer Banks to vacation with their family. We have tossed around the idea of just picking up and relocating every since. I'll be praying for travel mercies and lots of excited kids eager to hit the road. Our crew loves road tripping!! When we head back up that way again I'll let you know. It'd be so much fun to meet up!! And there could be no more noble reason than to invest into your family and the lives of your children.

    Also was catching up on the last few blog posts and have to say that Radical is one of my new all time favorite books!!! It so clearly depicts what my husband and I have felt for so long. An absolutely amazing read that every person needs to read. I've read it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amen.
    north carolina is awesome!! xo
    praying, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless You and Keep You! Praying safe journeys for the Buckout clan as you cross the country. You'll really enjoy North Carolina. It's a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just now reading this... life has been too busy to keep up on blogs...
    love you guys and your heart to serve Him!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails