Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mama's Mission: May

Mission of the Month

Thank you again Jen for starting this link up! It has helped me set small, not overwhelming goals for the month.. :) I actually look forward to a new month and finding a new mission!

So, last month ladies:  My heart was to pray more. I would love to say I accomplished this mission, but one can never pray enough. We are to pray without ceasing... like breathing. (Oh, how I long to "walk in the spirit" more as a mom.)  I did however find myself praying more often than usual and took advantage of moments to pray with the kids too!  Praise the Lord for this mission. I will keep at it, till I am with Jesus! Lets just say:




Mission Accomplished
and
Mission NOT Accomplished YET


This months mission is to clean house, organize, and get rid of stuff!  The longer I am married and the more kids I have, I tend to "just let things slide". Not out of laziness, but just plain don't have the time.  A few things that could need some cleaning and organizing this month: bathroom cupboard (how old is that medicine?) or my silverware drawer (oh, I remember that serving spoon! don't need it.) or like the lovely desk in front of me (it has become the "hide it all real quick spot").

These are just small details that help. I know my husband apprieciates it. I USED to be the one nagging on him to what belongs where. Not anymore! em em.

Side Note: I read a book 4-5 months ago that I wanted to blog about, but never had the time. It was amazing. It is not from a biblical perspective but it is truly eye opening to compulsive hoarding! Check it out if you can: Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things. 


By the way I did accomplish my mission for finishing two books: Unplanned and Good Christians Good Husbands. They were both excellent!  


Since I am on a roll with books.. I must tell you what I am reading next and I LOVE IT! This one is a must blog (Lord willing!) It is Radical by David Platt. The Product description is from Amazon below:
"IS JESUS WORTH THIS TO YOU?

It's easy for American Christians to forget how Jesus said his followers would actually live, what their new lifestyle would actually look like. They would, he said, leave behind security, money, convenience, even family for him. They would abandon everything for the gospel. They would take up their crosses daily...


BUT WHO DO YOU KNOW WHO LIVES LIKE THAT? DO YOU?


In Radical, David Platt challenges you to consider with an open heart how we have manipulated the gospel to fit our cultural preferences. He shows what Jesus actually said about being his disciple--then invites you to believe and obey what you have heard. And he tells the dramatic story of what is happening as a "successful" suburban church decides to get serious about the gospel according to Jesus.


Finally, he urges you to join in The Radical Experiment --a one-year journey in authentic discipleship that will transform how you live in a world that desperately needs the Good News Jesus came to bring."
Ok. I have done my fair share of sharing. Come and join us! It is a great way to meet other bloggers and encourage one another with our goals. Just see Mama Jens current post :)
 Be blessed and glorify God in all you do!


Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Col 3:17



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails