Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Squitos and Coch-uh-Roaches"

This is an Aedes albopictus female mosquito obtaining a blood meal from a human host
Jason calls them "squitos" and "Cock-uh-Roches"(emphasis on "uh").  I call them disgusting. We have only had a few in our house but many outside. The mosquitoes are not too bad, but I am reminding myself to keep bug repellent on the kids whenever they are outside. Its hard when they have just gotten out of the pool and want to warm up. Their poor little legs (and mine) look like this with little red welts all over! 

The roaches. They are sick and yes, they move just like the one on the movie Wall-e! They are quick not-so-little suckers and need a good swat to die! Sean made a great bait killer that has taken care of  ones scampering around our deck at night. The poison is made of boric acid, sugar and flour. It works like a charm. (I don't think it helped that the previous renters had 3 dogs. Roaches like the poo, and due to what the house looked like when we moved in: I don't think they were extremely clean renters.)
american

All this to say, I am still adjusting to the bugs. I worked (and sweated like crazy!) in organizing my garage yesterday and killed two roaches, got bit by one "squito" and killed another nasty bug that   looked like this (known as a Camel Cricket)...yuck.


As the Bible says, they can be eaten, NO thank you!...I think I will regard them ALL as an abomination!....


21 Yet these you may eat of every flying insect that creeps on all fours: those which have jointed legs above their feet with which to leap on the earth. 22 These you may eat: the locust after its kind, the destroying locust after its kind, the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind. 23 But all other flying insects which have four feet shall be an abomination to you.

Lev. 11:21-22

Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the lightning bugs? I remember those from my times in NC.

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails