Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feeling Cramped. Or am I?


    cramped
    adjective /kram(p)t/ 
    1. Feeling or causing someone to feel uncomfortably confined or hemmed in by lack of space
      • - the staff had to work in cramped conditions


Philippians 4:11-12
New King James Version (NKJV)...
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

"Hi, my name is JuRita and I live in a 1040 sq ft home with my husband and 5 kids."  This is a picture of my bathroom. Yes, just one, ALL 7 of us share:


Am I showing you this to boast? No. Not at all. I have been pondering the verse above since the day we moved in.. about June 3rd. I have been reading the book Radical: Taking back your faith from the American Dream. I have already mentioned it is a must read. It is constantly opening my eyes to what I really need.

Honestly, I do feel cramped. Somedays more than others. Somedays not at all. Before we lived here we lived in over a 3000 sq ft home (aka: Adventure House), then about a 2000 sq ft. (aka: Ministry House). Over 3000 sq ft was overwhelming... LOTS of cleaning. Currently we have our garage made into a make shift playroom with all my homeschool extras, couch and the kids computer. Although, in the Fall it might make a better room because the Southern Heat can be a killer. I have to make the kids come in at times because they look extremely hot and pasty. They don't complain.. :) We all make it work. 

My concern really will be when I have a very big belly, usually from about 6 months on! Will I be able to fit between my washing machine and refrigerator???, close the bathroom door????, or fit between the highchair and kitchen table???? Oh, my poor stresses in life (sarcastic voice)

What is my American Dream? What is yours? I guess it can depend on ones lot in life. Sean and I may someday be able to buy a home again. But do we NEED to? He met a man the other day that because he wife was working as a Youth Pastor, they had a two incomes and were able to purchase a house. Sean asked if the wanted kids? His answer: no way. Otherwise the wouldn't be able to afford their house payment. They did have two dogs. Everyones priorities are different for sure!  

I know we will eventually need more space. (but I am truly so rich material.. and in Christ! Especially when I open my eyes to poverty around the world) 

We have a one year lease. May God keep my heart in check. I don't want it to grow bitter or unthankful. I have been in this spot before many times. I am positive I will start purging.. if I need more space, I need to get rid of stuff. Amen?

We are happy to be here. We are happy for our air conditioning. God knows what we need and when we need it. We may get to stretch our legs a little more soon. Especially in heaven! My kids are experiencing life and learning lessons. They even got to share Jesus and pray with a little boy when they went fishing the other day with Dad.  God is good. They are learning and I am learning too...

I have so much to be thankful for :)


Philippians 3:10-11
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.


Philippians 1:21
New King James Version (NKJV)
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails