Sunday, July 10, 2011

Homeschool Schedule.. again.


Sean is out fishing with the kids and I am at home with baby.  Part of my Mama's Mission was to start homeschooling tomorrow. I was searching online for some type of block scheduling. Even after 6 years of homeschooling I don't have it together!! I wanted to fine a printout that said:
FOLLOW THIS SCHEDULE AND YOUR DAY WILL GO PERFECT. 
(My actually google search: "homeschool block scheduling")
ha! Silly thing, I did look for awhile, but knew I had it in my head what my day could look like. Told myself, "JuRita, just grab a pen and paper and write it down... you can get a simple schedule written out.."
Isn't it funny how we will look to find anything on the internet. It has to be on google! ;) Do you ever google before you pray? I have.

This is what I came up with for tomorrow and hopefully the rest of the week .. maybe year (I am thinking positive here):

8-10am 
Breakfast 
Morning Routing
Morning Chore 
Quiet Bible Time/ Bible Truths
Mom reads to Jason and Elizabeth
Morning walk with everyone

10-12noon
Jason-100 Easy Lessons, ABC, Numbers/Math with Mom, 
Elizabeth- Handwriting Math and Reading with Mom
Little Pilgrims History with Jason and Elizabeth
Elijah and Lydia- independent work: spelling, reading, phonics, grammar, cursive
Elijah or Lydia makes snack at 10am and helps with lunch

After lunch
Afternoon Chore and Laundry

1-3pm
E and L: Math
E and L: writing Lesson with Mom 
Everyone: English Lesson, Story of the World History
Mom checks Math corrections

3pm
Baby naps
mom walks

4pm
Dinner Prep

5-8pm
family time with Dad

Could you please pray for me this week? 
I am feeling tired from pregnancy and Little Hadassah is teething. 
(She has a fever and hasn't been sleeping good.) 
I want to see fruit... I desire to see love and patience in our home. 
I know this can only be accomplished with my life surrendered to Christ daily.

5 comments:

  1. JuRita, thank you for posting this. This is soooo where I am at right now. I'm actually having a hard time finding that "schedule" that we need. Well I'm also on a search for curriculum this year too. I love how you are honest with wanting it to work long term but realistic that it might work for tomorrow. Love reading can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog today, and I'm a new follower :)

    I've been homeschooling since 2001 and I still don't have it all together, LOL, but I do my best and so far that's been good enough! I would love to find the PERFECT schedule -- one that I could stick by. But with a house full of little ones, it's really hard to stick to a schedule. Sometimes just having an outline of how I want my day to go helps!

    We are a large family, too! God has blessed us abundantly with children. We praise Him for that :)

    So glad I found your blog!
    Have a wonderful week.

    Katrina
    They All Call Me Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you friend! I am eager to get on a good schedule too. I'm using the summer to analyze it since we'll be "official" homeschoolers in the fall. :)

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails