I have the wonderful opportunity to review PenPal Kids Club over the next 3 months. One of my readers will win a full 3 months too! I am not into my children being on the computer, but they seem really excited even if it means using their computer time. (They have one day a week, plus sometimes Saturdays IF the little box is clean!)
It definitely is the way to be a PenPal in this generation. I was a little leery at first thought (what happened to pen and paper!), but after reviewing the site, it looks to be a lot of fun for the kids. They are able to make a quick "user profile" under the parents name and email. My children loved this because they were able to make a cartoon image of themselves! Also, share their interests in school subjects, food and hobbies. Then off to "PenPal finding". We have only put in two request for my son, but I don't imaging doing more. This is not a popularity contest. :) I would rather have him learn about other countries than ever have a Facebook account. There are educational games, an encyclopedia library, and postcards to send to new friends. Everything is safe and parent protected. PenPal Kids Club does not share your information with anybody. Parents can also view every bit of activity done by your children. The good thing is you can have up to five of your children on your email! My girls are already wanting to get started.
Are you interested in trying? During the month of July, membership is free and only $4.99 a month afterwards!
If you enter the Giveaway you will be able to get a FREE 3 month membership with PenPal Kids Club! Honestly, this is a great option to really see if the site will work for your family. We are giving it a whirl, why don't you!
Giveaway Information (Please leave a separate comment for each):
- Just comment below saying you would love to try PenPal Kids Club!
- Like PenPal Kids Club on Facebook
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence (one entry daily!) See right side bar
- Blog about this Giveaway (5 ENTRIES!) Please add link in comment.
Winner will be chosen Friday July 15th!
(Giveaway End Thursday at Midnight.)
Quick Facts about PenPal Kids Club (A Must read for Parents):
About Pen Pal Kids Club:
- Your kids just got out of school and they want to be on the computer? Now, there's a great site to join that both you and your kids will love! Pen pals are just a click away -- Pen Pal Kids Club is a safe online environment where kids can make global friendships that can last a life time!
- Pen Pal Kids Club is the world's only safe, translated, global social network for children. Pen Pal Kids Club is an edu-tainment website where kids can freely SHARE, EXPLORE & PLAY with other kids around the world. '"I have always believed that if kids had the opportunity to experience one another on a ‘global playground,’ learned prejudices would be virtually non-existent,” says Pen Pal Kids Club Creator and Co-Founder Shelley A. Aliotti. “Here is that opportunity,” she adds.
- Many of today's parents grew up with pen pals -- friends from other parts of the world with whom they exchanged letters. Pen Pal Kids Club fosters these nostalgic relationships and takes it to a new level, thanks to the automated and filtered safe translations in 7 key languages - English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and German!
- Pen Pal Kids Club's interactive games entertain, as well as teach about other countries and cultures. On the site, kids will establish their likes, interests and country locations all within the safety of an avatar, which protects their personal identities.
- Within the Pen Pal Kids Club site, high quality, fresh, relevant information is provided through an exclusive partnership with Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc. for Kids. This database is the world's leading online encyclopedia, collecting and offering data since 1768. This partnership delivers age-appropriate and accurate text, graphs and videos 24/7 to every child, without any links to take them off the Pen Pal Kids Club protected site.
- "Through the latest in technology and around-the-clock monitoring by administrators, Pen Pal Kids Club ensures that no inappropriate activities are taking place...guaranteed." Aliotti also adds, "We believe it is up to the parents to have full control of his or her child's activities with their personal Parent Controls within the site. This control allows a child to only share as much information and content as his or her parent is comfortable with."
- PPKC is fully compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) www.coppa.org. PPKC has recently earned the TRUSTe seal of safety, www.truste.com.