Tuesday, August 9, 2011

USDA Loan (Part 3)


I know I have been quiet on the subject. Really just afraid to speak to soon.
(To catch up you can Read Part 1 and Part 2)

We did not get the house we wanted. It was in an AE9 flood zone, which means pretty much your house is on stilts or you pay an arm and leg for flood insurance. Therefore, would have thrown off the ability to afford it. Bummer.

BUT.. there is always a but. We were considering what our options would be at this point and looking for some way to purchase a home without it being in a flood zone. The only home we were finding in our price range were foreclosures/ bank owned properties. Which one can purchase with a USDA loan, but the bank was no way going to pay for any improvements or closing costs. So, we again were hitting road blocks.

Sean and I neither want to strive with the Lord or make rash decisions. We have before and it does not produce good results. For us to "own" a home and live in a different town closer to his work would be a blessing to us financially. (Our mortgage would be cheaper than our rent and our electricity bill could be hundreds less.)
102 Blades Village Drive, Havelock NC

So, what is up next for us? We did find one house :) I really wanted to have more space, but I will take what I can get! This home is brand new and is the only one of two in a new subdivision. I don't see the home being built up quickly by any means! It is 3 bedrooms and 2 (praise the Lord!) bathrooms on almost an acre. The contract is all set in stone and approved! The seller is even willing to pay closing costs. I am all smiles. :) Maybe we can even add on someday.
102 Blades Village Drive, Havelock NC
BUT AGAIN.. we have had loans cease to be approved (one time a day before closing when we lived in Missouri). Yes, we got a pre-approval, but ya never know with this economy! Sean will be down at the lender today, processing the final information and paying appraisal fees. My heart crys out to the Lord. My friend Jennipher said it perfectly in her blog, "We have moved around a bit, enough to make a heart feel rootless.
I do look forward to my heavenly home, but truly want my kids to stay somewhere and grow up. Even to invest in this home for the purpose the Lord would only know.

Can I ask you to pray again, please? I know His work will be done. I fear the answer no. I fear having to look for another place to rent... I have even been worrying about the gal who is going to fulfill our lease .. what if she changes her  mind??? I know this is from the enemy, but that is where I need prayer. To keep my eyes so intently focused on Jesus that whatever answer may come, He will not allow my foot to slip.  Thus, to be continued...

In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust;
 I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? Psalm 56:4


4 comments:

  1. Precious friend, I'm praying for you and your wonderful family. I feel so blessed that your heart was a little encouraged by our own journey. He is faithful and good...He is our soil wherever we are planted. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be praying for you guys. Staying out of the flood plain was a good call...you can ALWAYS trust the LORD to know what He is doing. After working for the Army Corps of Engineers for 6.5 years...there is a reason they are called flood plains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute home, JuRita! Congrats. Praying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails