Sunday, October 30, 2011

Homemade Butcher Block

Here is our homemade butcher block (for the counter). Thanks go out to my hubby who purchased this simple board at Lowes and stained it with Watco food grade stainer. Took a few coats and then washed it with warm soapy water.

It is perfect for dough making, pizza slicing and just my daily wear and tear. I did remind my husband that in a few months it won't look as nice ;). Simple and sweet. Thank you Lord.




Hope you had a great weekend! 
We are having our own little Harvest Party at home tomorrow night.. maybe I will be able to share some pictures. 
I do hope to give you an update on our crazy life. Please keep our family in your prayers. It is much needed. 
Blessings and love,

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I've been wanting a butcher block but they are just sooo expensive. Never thought I could just make one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I am so glad to be of help. you will love it. sean mentioned to look for one with thick venere top and he also chose birch wood. for everything it cost about $16. the sealer was the most expensive. :-) happy cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails