Monday, November 7, 2011

Our Joy Comes From Him


Despite our current situation and endless job hunting we are still remembering to rejoice in the Lord! We had a great weekend with the kids and celebrated our Little Elizabeth's birthday. She asked for a fish cake and a trip the the aquarium. It was our first visit to the North Carolina Aquarium. It was a precious day. Aquarium.  Little Caesars. Cake and Presents.

(Let me just say Elizabeth has been counting down the days till her 7th birthday.
She stared 83 days ago! She was more than giddy!!)




The kids always design their own cakes for me ;-) I do my best!

Before we knew of Seans work issues, we purchased a trampoline. Thank you Lord! It has been a great outlet and exercise for the kids. Even little Hadassah loves running around in circles. It is a great way for them to burn up extra energy... (which was previous being used in sibling fighting)! The most thrilling time for the kids is when dad "comes out and jumps" with them... what a fun dad!
first evening setup..







I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.
(Psalm 121 ESV)


Thank you to everyone who has been praying... things have not been perfectly easy, but I know in faith He is our provider and will put my husband exactly were he needs to be. 
I hope to share praise of a new job soon!

Blessings,





2 comments:

  1. How fun! Happiest Birthday Elizabeth Jane! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cake! So cute.

    You remind me that I need to take my kids to our local aquarium. It's so much fun and we haven't been in years. It's an hour drive from our house (that's my excuse!) but I really need to get them there soon.

    I'm envious of your trampoline! Yes, it's a great way to burn up extra energy, especially for boys. I don't know about your boys, but mine can get pretty hyper. We had a trampoline once, about 4 or 5 years ago. It made me too nervous so we ended up giving it away. I'm a nervous ninny and worried about them landing wrong, breaking their necks, etc. We had a net, but I still worried. My husband, being a fire fighter/paramedic, goes on way too many calls involving a trampoline. So we are a bit timid about them. But I look at all the fun you guys are having on yours...and it makes me reconsider. Wouldn't it be fun if Santa brought one for our family this Christmas? Hmmmm. You never know :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails