Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Encouragement


God knows when I need encouragement
He knows when I need to know He is there

The past  couple of hours I have felt hopeless, weary, and one of my "I can't do this!!!" tearful moods. (Baby crying. Hadassah teething, screaming. Kids not listening. House looking like a tornado.)

When I was finally taking deep breaths again,
my son Elijah reminds me "Mom, when you are faithful to do what God wants you to HE WILL help you."

"Yes, Elijah. It is so important to obey."

I few moments later when I was showing Hadassah how to roll ball of play dough, Lydia says, "Mom, you are a really good Mom. I mean really good."

"Thank you Lydia. It is by Gods grace."

Back to hand washing my dishes and my husband sends me a text:
Thinking of you, hope all is well. You are the real deal. My lady.

Yes Lord, I hear your still small voice speaking to me.... Everything will be ok. Help me to believe and trust You.


"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:  And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."
1 Kings 19:11-13

I pray He encourages to you today. Come to Him.




Linking up with


Growing Home




2 comments:

  1. I've had plenty of those moments lately (though not the same volume, given I only have 3 kids)...I finally told my squabbling kids at the breakfast table this morning that they will never know how many times they are in one room fighting, screaming, horsing around, teasing, backtalking me, etc. while I am lingering in the other so I have time enough to cry out inwardly, "Lord, what do you want me to do now?? Because what I want to do doesn't seem very godly!"~ Isaiah 30:15 "In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears are just streaming down my face! Thank you for sharing!!! Blessings <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails