Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Melting Rainbow Crayons

In the past we have made muffin tin crayons or ironed them on waxed paper, but when I saw this on Pinterest I knew the kids would LOVE it!



I scored when I found a canvas at Goodwill for $1.99 and cheap box of crayons! The example used a box of 64, but I used only 24 because my canvas was not as big. :)

Here was the result. Just hot glue them on and have fun melting. The kids preferred the finished product  "upside down" like it is on "fire". Note: it does dry very fast!






this picture was because they looked so cute...
Hadassah did get a quick nose wipe after the picture! lol

do you like rainbows? check out our rainbow cake here. it was a blast to make!

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna do that one too! Glad it turned out so cool!! We will def be trying this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this idea! I may do it to hang in "Baby's corner" of our room. I showed my husband, and he thought it would be neat to try putting the crayons in a circle and melting them inward (though outward would be pretty neat too, if it works out). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails