Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mama's Mission: May 2012 {back after a year!}

Can you believe it has been one year!?
I have missed joining Mama's Missions link up. It is a great way for me to make monthly goals, stay on task, and be encouraged by other mommies.

Mama Jen is such an inspiring, lovely lady! She has five children; with two sets of twins. :) She amazes me with her ability to home educate her children and manage such resourceful blog(s). If I am correct, she has six homeschool blogs and contributes to many more!!! You go girl!


Mission of the Month


On with my Missions for May! I should start simple since its been awhile. ;) Jen formated it in this way and I am going to be a copy cat. You don't mind.. do ya Jen!?
Personal:
  • Keep reading the book, "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn (see "books I love" tab). I need to return it to the library and purchase my own!
  • Keep running 3 days a week.. and run the entire 5k on May 12th for CARDV. (I ran it last year, but had 8 months of running under my belt. This year I have only been training for 6 weeks.)
  • Finish converting all my velcro cloth diapers to snaps. Got the idea from this website! It only cost me $15 for the supplies at JoAnn's :)
Marriage:
  • Smile, hug, and try my best to have the house picked before my man comes home.
  • Be more positive to his attention and show more lovins in return.
  • Pray together before we are in bed. Thus, helps not "falling asleep"while praying!
Parenting:
  • Finish reading the Hudson Taylor bio I started reading out loud to the kids. We are on chapter 6.
  • Found the Child Training Bible via Mama Jenn and it looks wonderful. I would like to purchase the supplies and get started.
  • Pray with my children individually more often. Maybe a different child everyday???
Homeschooling:
  • Plan, print and set aside work for each child before I have my "own chill time". I have been doing this the past few day while Sean gets homeschool/library books together. It has been fruitful.
  • Mail the AITC art contest drawings.
  • Make sure I sit down with Jason and Elizabeth everyday individually. 
Homemaking:
Ministry/ Family/Friends
  • Start a google/yahoo group for local families in our area or at least keep praying about it!
  • Look at June's calendar and schedule fellowship/family time. We have May completed.
  • Write my new Pen Pal in Idaho! :)
Whew..It is quite the list.
If I manage to do a few of these.. I will BE HAPPY.

Would you like to join us?
see


Mission of the Month
also linking up with
Growing Home
A man’s heart plans his way,

But the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9





No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails