Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Creative Distractions

I am fully convinced it is important for me to have an outlet as a mom! An outlet that stimulates my mind, but not one in which is always in front of the computer screen (although Pinterest helps.. I like to use it as a fun "to do" list!).

These are a few of my projects and successes! (yay!)

Made these today for the kids and I. Along with my running, I am attempting to make healthier eating choices. They are soooo goood!!!!
get recipe here
I lost Mordecai's baby blanket :(. So sad. I have to make a new one. (material on left)
Saw this dress on Pinterest and wanted to give it a go! (material on right)

 My "flowers in the snow" blanket is done!! After one year. I don't think it will keep the same name bc I added the red trim! It was a fun project to accomplish :)

This is a random project. Saw this old dress in my closet. I am ready to convert it to a skirt. We'll see how it goes. The picture is a little blurry.

This is a rag rug made from Tshirts! I don't know how big I am aiming for... I keep finding more to add to it. 

Last but not least.. this might be a winter project. My next afgan ;-) 

Thanks for letting me share! Follow me on Pinterest and we can share ideas!!!
Follow Me on Pinterest
Blessings!
linking up with these two lovely bloggers!
(since my sewing machine has been out.. they girls have went to work! even teaching Jason how to sew. Our summer break is off to a good start!)



thankful for these little breaks!!
I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is. 









4 comments:

  1. I made those oatmeal balls last week. Oh my goodness they were good! We are trying to eat healthy over here so it was a nice sweet change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome J! Your flowers in the snow blanket turned out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beka!! You were the one who inspired me :-) Miss you!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for linking up at the new Things I'm loving location this week. So nice to meet you and your blog and look forward to following more of your adventures and blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails