- you see every mess that is made from anywhere in the house
- you hear everything; fight, conversation, sneeze, bodily function.. you name it!
(as I type, it is "take me out to the ballgame" and the sewing machine going a little to fast)
- thus, mom yells, "QUIET! / SHHHH" a million times a day
- there is one clothes closet and it is the "master" bedroom
- you have shower curtain covering the glass shower doors "just in case" you are not the only one in need of the bathroom
- you find one or two tooth brushes left by the kitchen sink
- there is always at least one person 25ft from you at all times
- six children share one room
- you cover the coffee pot every morning with a big blanket so the beeping does not wake up the entire house
- noise makers are a MUST for sleeping
- laundry will -no matter what- be piled in the living room till folded
- hear the words "hey! i am changing in here!!!" often
- mom is constantly overwhelmed and in need of Jesus
Ok, my disclaimer: God is good. There are millions of people who would consider my living circumstances pure luxury. Shouldn't I do the same? We are warm, clothed, and have a roof over our head. I often have questioned how much one truly needs. Sometimes I wish I would have never experienced even living in a large home. I know I need my sanity, but that should be found in Christ! I have all I need in Him. Why can't my brain understand that??