I am joining some other ladies online at Beautifully Rooted and hope to complete the book of James in 7 weeks. Beth Moore encouraged us to make a commitment level (I circled 3 and 4) Here are my thoughts on each:
1. Watch Videos (sorry Beth. these cost 3.99 in audio and are an hour long... I did listen to the first one. maybe i will do this every other week)
2. Complete Homework (yes! i must try)
3. Handwrite James (yes!! looking forward to this week when we start studying the book.)
4. Read Articles her daughter wrote (yes!.. i love more historical insight)
5. Memorize James (i am positive I won't do this.. maybe I will chose a couple of verses or become so familiar with it .. it happens naturally.)
I very much enjoyed this first week. I have study the book of James many many times. It was a nice introduction to remembering WHO wrote this book. There are more than one James in the New Testament. Not to be confused with James, the brother of the apostle John, who was martyred early on. It was also very interesting to ponder .. this James who wrote this book was Jesus brother. Talk about family dynamics.
So ladies.. what commitment level did you take?
Looking forward to linking up and reading your posts!
It is not to late to join.
Thank you Lord! Have a blessed Monday.