Tuesday, October 23, 2012

After School Applesauce Cake



No joke, this recipe has been stored in my recipe binder for ten years easily- and I finally made it! Four times! :D

After preparing 3 batches of applesauce this fall, I've had plenty to use up and it has proved to be the perfect after school snack for my kids. They love it. Of course, I either leave out the the raisins and replace them with chocolate (or I've used both). Plus, it is perfect for the winter season when the chickies (aka "ladies") are not laying many eggs. 

On the public school note.. I still have much to share. Hopefully I will write another blog this week.
Have a warm cozy fall evening.. or morning!


Applesauce Cake

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of applesauce (homemade or store bought)
2 cups of flour- whatever kind suites your fancy
2 teas baking soda
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas allspice
1/2 cup of chocolate chips or raisins

Preheat oven to 350 f. Cream shortening and sugar. Add applesauce alternately with sifted dry ingredients.  Stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into an 8 inch greased square pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 40 minutes.  (Change it up a bit and frost with cream cheese, whip cream or powered sugar.) Enjoy!

Linking up with..


Growing Home



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails