Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mercy Triumphs- week four and five

Ok. deep breath.
I am not going to give up this study- even if I started falling behind.

The reason I signed up was because it is much easier for me to quit, if I am not accountable to other ladies- even if they are blogging friends!

Thus, I am going to combine week four and five in this post :D

The most beneficial part of this study (I cannot say it enough): Writing out the entire book of James.
It forces Gods word to stay on my mind all day. Especially when it comes to verse about the tongue being like fire! Let me tell you- my tongue can do too much damage, VERY quickly.

Although there was nothing absolutely huge which Beth spoke to me in week four, God helped me to understand more of HIS WISDOM. In the first chapter James admonishes us- if we lack wisdom we should ask God and He will give it to him.

Though, have you ever been unsure of the decision you should feel you should make?
If it really is wisdom from the Lord?

I have never tied these two verses together. It was a perfect exercise when it comes to decision making!

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."  James 3:17

When you question whether the wisdom you asked for is from Him ask yourself:
is it pure?
gentle?
willing to yield?
full of mercy?
bring good fruit?
will it show partiality
or hypocrisy?

Well, in week five- day one hit home for me. 
Beth asked us to ask some pointed question to find the source of the wars and battles we face. Again I have used this verse in parenting quite often, but when answering her questions I realized I have a battle raging inside of me. A battle to have a home. A battle to be settled. A battle to not move again. But I am learning to embrace who I am in Christ and the work He is doing in my life, my husbands life, and my childrens life- is far greater than I can understand. I rejoice (in moments) when I lay aside myself and embrace the Master's Plan.

"Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." James 4:1-3



"This I know after five decades of living: nobody has everything they've ever longed for. Part of that comes from our insatiable flesh nature and sinful discontent. Another part sprung from the dust in God's busy hands when He molded us in His image and 'set eternity in the hearts of men' (Eccl 3:11). Our eternal souls were purposely fashioned for more than this world can spare. We long for 'a better place- a heavenly one' (Heb 11:16)"





In Him,

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I love what you said about day 1. Thank you so much for linking up over at Beautifully Rooted - and don't worry - I am having a hard time with falling behind, too. We'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kate! We've all fallen behind a bit in the study but keep going! I'm so happy you've stuck with it even though you were not a Beth Moore fan. And remember what she said in the beginning, do what blesses you not burdens you. If you can't do the homework but can watch the video sessions, great! If you can't watch the session but can do the homework, great. If you can't do anything but read the posts from the other girls, great. I pray that you continue to be blessed by the study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months ago I started feeling confused that just when I got what I've always wanted (being at home, making a home full time) by being unemployed, I was immediately thrown into danger of losing my home altogether. This idea of HOME is something I've held so closely, and I felt the Lord asking me to loosen my grip...and trust Him. And I felt Him asking me why I wanted my house more than I wanted Him? I hadn't realized, until He gently showed me that wrong attitude. So I surrendered it to Him. It has been so freeing to just enjoy each day here, and such a hard exercise to close my mind to the thoughts and worries that try to run ahead to tomorrow. I can tell God is doing such a work in you - and through you, your family also! It is such a blessing to read your honest assessments of your own walk, even if you are a little too hard on yourself. :) Bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails