Monday, November 19, 2012

1 Peter 1:1

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ. To the PILGRIMS  of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace to you and peace be multiplied. " 1 Peter 1:1

I haven't gotten past the first chapter and it has easily been two weeks, but my plan hopefully is to write out the Book of 1 Peter. The Lord really opened my eyes when I did this with the book of James last month, I knew I wanted to continue.

I may write the verse down one morning and meditate it more the next day. It all depends how much time I have before the little ones awake.

Oh, how I need to get up earlier and spend those tender quiet hours with Jesus. The passion for Him is not lost, but my ability to pull myself out of bed has all but diminished. I know to make it through this next season of life- I must be all the more closer to him. I let myself become too easily discouraged and many times angered at present circumstances. I want the stillness and contentment of Christ's peace in my heart.. through him and by him alone.

With that being said, I wrote out the verse above in my journal a few weeks ago. How good His spirit is! I knew this verse was intended for me at that very moment. I am a pilgrim-sojourner, temporary resident. God as for-known/for-seen every move I will ever make and I want an obedient heart to except His will for my life. These past four years and multiple dwellings have sanctified me by the Spirit. Refined me as a person who longs for a heavenly home.

I need the grace Peter speaks of ... I am ever tempted, wanting things of this world to satisfy.
Oh, why is it the heart of man is never satisfied!?
Only God can give me peace for the future.

Multiply it Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails