Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Uh.. Where Do I Begin?


First of all. Let me make things c l e a r- I still love to blog. The posts I write per month are dropping by number. I think it is because I have a house full of kids again. :/ :)

Speaking of school, it has been on my heart to share how our "transition back to homeschool" has been going.. BUT that is yet another unfinished blog. ehem ehem.

Some days are beautiful, others terrible. I have vowed to my kids I will not mention "public school" again in a "wishing they would have stayed in" again.. its all excuse on my part- I know it sounds terrible, but that's the truth (on some days) this fool vents her feelings...which I very sorry to say. I apologize, ask the Lord forgiveness and we move on.

Our homeschool is shaping character in all of us. Now, it is time for me to step up and set a better example. By Gods GRACE. I can. My kids know the acronym and we say it often:
Gods
Riches
At
Christ
Expense

Anyways, I think that is why I haven't been blogging.
I have been correcting school work in the evenings instead of making lunches.
Printing next days work and organizing what I can.
By then, a quick facebook check and my feet are up working on a crochet project. Sean and I may catch an episode of Downtown Abbey or Biggest Loser.
OR
planning our NEXT big adventure.

So let me BEGIN! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!

We will be traveling back to our home in North Carolina this spring. We have laid out some plans but are letting God direct our steps. We have come to realize moving to yet another rental in our town would be impossible. Rent prices here are outrageous! 
The fact that our mortgage in NC is about 1/2  the price of a small rental here, it becomes a no brainer.
Praise the Lord Sean can do most of his work from home and will not have to change jobs--which we are completely grateful beyond words.

(oh my.. can I tell you how wonderful a dishwasher sounds and a real kitchen.. or my own washer and dryer. or a bedroom that will be down the call from the kids. i never knew how I would come appreciate 300 extra square feet. well.. i must deal with the misquotes and fire ants, but it is worth the exchange!)

Sean and I have been praying, seeking the Lord, and stepping out in faith these past few months because we knew it was going to take Him to do it.

I am bursting to explain it all, but it would take forever. One thing is for sure- we are going to document our journey. Our trip will be over the course of 30 days!!! YES 30 days! We are hoping Sean can get as much work done as possible and we will only be on the road for about 2-4 hours a day.
Whether it be its own separate blog or video blog (vlog)- I can't wait to share it with you!
The work is already in process.
We hooked up with a wonderful ministry called A Candle in the Window and will be meeting some amazing christians who will open their home to us. We bought an RV to pull (which we are stripping bare) to carry what little we have and hopefully camp in- more on that later! lol!
We will be staying a churches, Bed and Breakfasts, meeting up with family and friends we have not seen in years. Did I mention the Grand Canyon????, White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns...

I think I have the most adventurous family I know! Our neighbor said we should call it the Trip of Miracles. Lord you can do it. To Him be the GLORY.
He has changed the Buckout family more this past year than we will ever understand. He has drawn us closer to Him were we need to be daily.

So I guess, I just opened a can of worms.
I have "begun"
Let the blogging adventure begin.

To Be Continued...

3 comments:

  1. So sad to be losing you again, but we did know it was coming. I am very happy for you and a little envious of the road trip. Dan and I used to talk about doing something like that long before we had any children. What a very fun adventure indeed! Blessings sister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! :) God is good. Oregon will always have a place in my heart, but the long awaited "resting spot" needs to happen for my kiddos...That is unless Jesus returns. Marathana ...Come quickly Lord! Sending love to you and family. Hope you are feeling better!

      Delete
  2. We will miss you so very much but can't wait to follow your adventures in faith! We love you dearly Buckout family! So thankful for the time that He has given us to reconnect here in Oregon. You will always have a place to stay at in this Old House:) xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails