Monday, March 25, 2013

Our Tattoo Anniversary Gift


It has been thirteen years full of adventure and life with my husband Sean.  I smile just typing that sentence.
I love him dearly. I love him much more than the day I married him.

For the past 3 years we have been wanting to get tattoo rings. My wedding band after many pregnancies, was just was too small. (That sounds like The Three Bears Book) :)

On our ten year anniversary in Hawaii, I bought a ring with my birthstone in it, but over time I just stopped wearing any of my ring altogether. I know that sound awful. We would joke about me being his mistress..lol -yet- with a lot of kids. 

We have seen various arrangements of marriage tattoos:  Initials, vines, "beloved" in Hebrew (which we like) but Sean settled with an awesome idea- "One" in Hebrew


Genesis 2:24-Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.


Deuteronomy 6:4,5- “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

 Zechariah 14:9- And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.In that day it shall be—
The Lord is one,” And His name one.

Our tattoo artist encouraged us to not try to wrap the lettering around the finger for longer lasting wear.
I was a little disappointed at first discussion of it but was more than pleased with the results!

It was fun to endure a little pain together. Nothing compared to labor!  ;) He gave us a great deal, almost $40 off. Also the price of gold from our wedding bands covered the cost perfectly.
I do still have my diamond for future use. We have named it the "family jewels". Which is a joke because it is the only piece of jewelry of any value! In a few weeks to get them re-outlined and a free touch up.

It was a very happy anniversary gift indeed.
I am one blessed woman.

Thank you friends for all your facebooks congrats.

And Sean.. this song is for YOU.
I LOVE YOU!


If you were a boat, my darling
A boat, my darling
I'd be the wind at your back
If you were afraid, my darling
Afraid, my darling
I'd be the courage you lack

If you were a bird, then I'd be a tree
And you would come home, my darling, to me
If you were asleep, then I'd be a dream
Wherever you are, that's where my heart will be
Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?

If you were the ocean, I'd be the sand
If you were a song, I'd be the band
If you were the stars, then I'd be the moon
A light in the dark, my darling, for you

Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?

Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?
Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?



life is real with you. and i love it.
ox

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! What a SWEET song! I've never heard it before. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those tats are the most awesome things ever. I've often thought of getting my kids' initials tattooed somewhere. If I ever remarry will definitely consider your idea! OK this is going to sound crazy but I have to ask: Are your landlords considering bringing on any new tenants when you leave? I'm throwing out lines all over the place, not knowing for sure which one God intends to receive the bite...I know you know the feeling. In the next couple weeks I should find out what the mortgage co. plans to do with me (modify or foreclose). I would much appreciate your prayer. I know God knows how it all ends but I'm really struggling with worry and discouragement right now. I'm tired of everybody weighing in with their advice, which is usually the exact opposite of what I sense from God. I know you know that feeling too. That's why your blog ministers to me. Blessings on your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd like to email me directly it's harwood97321@msn.com, and I'll keep an eye on your comments section as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails