Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Menu

This is our second Thanksgiving in North Carolina. Our first was two years ago.

I always find it a challenge to get motivated to cook a special dinner for just our family with no guest. Guess, it doesn't help that both times I have been exactly 29 weeks pregnant.  God is faithful to remind me why I am doing it and the special memories we are creating. And I don't have to have a perfectly clean house!! :D

Even this morning, Lydia spent a hour in the kitchen with me prepping ahead of time whatever goodies we could. Soon, I won't be doing it all because my girls will have their own system down. :)

What is on the Buckout Family Menu?

Turkey- my first year not doing it "in a bag" because I forgot to buy one. :/ I am going to use Alton Browns Method. I loved his video.

Mash Potatoes and Gravy- Homemade except I always use brown gravy mix. Maybe one year I will try it from the turkey drippings.

Deviled Eggs- my  kids can't get enough of these. We use this recipe.

Cranberry Salad- thank you Nana! This has been a family tradition in our home since you shared it with us back in 2006 :)

Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Bread with Honey Butter- Never fails, even if I don't feel like making this; it is their FIRST request.

Stuffing- Again, stove top here we come.

Corn- Birds Eye SWEET corn. It is the only brand I use. Elijah could eat two cups if I let him!

Pumpkin Pie- Libby's canned pumpkin, with homemade crust and homemade whip cream. The BEST.

Carrot Cake- Which is usually an Easter thing for me, but I was craving this yummy cake. We made it today, so it might just be a pre-thanksgiving dessert.

We will probably eat early (on our beautiful Thanksgiving paper plates), then watch a new movie.
Each year Sean makes us "scripture cards" (with a random bible verses) and sets them under our plates. We read them aloud and share what we are thankful for. Gods word never returns void and He always touches our hearts during this time. I love it.

So, I always go into this Holiday a little overwhelmed, maybe even lazy~ Yet, it really is my favorite time of year.

I love my kids (even this precious baby in the belly, whom I can't wait to meet!!!) and adore my loving husband. God has really given us all we need and so much more.

Family, you are missed and we love you so much!
Our home is always open friends!!

Have a beautiful thankful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails