Saturday, June 7, 2014

Devotional: God's Promises for Tough Times by Jen Sheppard {Book Review!}


How often we do judge a book by its cover?! We live in such a visually stimulating environment and if it does not catch our attention we will turn a blind eye. Although, the cover is not "modern" you will not be disappointed by the simplicity of truth in Jen's devotions. 

I have read many devotionals and I always find it the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" story style disappointing. God's Promises For Tough Times: A Devotional For Bible Believers spells out what you'll read: His PROMISES for YOU-- Not fluffy unrelatable stories. Each of the 30 day short devotionals begin and end with a scripture relating and encouraging you from the text. 

Please, don't let your heart grow dry and hardened! Even if it is a quick moment or two this would be a perfect book to keep on hand along with your bible. (I even kept mine on the back of the toilet for a week ;) As a busy mom it is hard to find quiet time!) Almost everyone I know is enduring through hardship. Let us have God's word hidden in our heart no matter what trial is beholding us!

Jen's heart is to reclaim God's vision for the family and home but we all know this must begin with our relationship with the Lord. I look forward to possibly purchasing her two other books; Wise Woman Builds Her House: Encouragement for Christian Stay at Home Moms and A Biblical Home. To visit Jenn's Sheppard website click here.

God's Promises for Tough Times can be purchase on Amazon for only $13.49 or $2.99 for the Kindle Edition. Click on book link below



Author Bio:
Jen Sheppard is a wife, homeschooling mother, and inspirational writer. She challenges people to take up their cross, turn from worldly traditions, and get back to following the Lord in truth. She is also the author A Wise Woman Builds Her House: Encouragement for Christian Stay at Home Mothers

Connect with Jen:

Many thanks to Jenn Sheppard and the CWA Review Crew for letting me post this review!
In Him,


I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails