Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Killed a Snake {a very big one!}

Sorry. I was not going to take time and "google" if this snake was poisonous or not... Most snakes in our neck of the woods are!

Jason came running inside terrified with the little ones. Sure enough, it was a big as they said... yup. the real deal.

This just happened to be Dad's full day at the office, so the killing it was up to me. Sean is terrified of snakes himself. Similar to my fear of spiders.

I took about 30 whacks with the shovel. With all my built up aggression, I put a small hole in the ground while I was at it!! 

Found out later that night it was not poisonous, but would have loved to eat our chicken eggs. NO thank you.

I came. I conquered.

Sean said next time I could use the shotgun, but I think that would have been a little too much overkill.. No pun extended. :)

So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
And I will put enmity between you and the woman... Genesis 3:14-15



 Elizabeth a couple hours later with very dead decapitated snake


Took this video shortly after my kill...








No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you! have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails