Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Simple Crazy Life (or maybe better titled) Exhausted Mom

I wanted to write a "real" blog. I love doing product reviews, but they are not the sole purpose of my blog. I started this blog to just capture family moments in replace of my family journal. Yes, I used to actually write down happening and thoughts. That was when I had two kids and my house actually got quiet from time to time.

Today, I type very weary. A cold has been passing through everyone and last night I was burning up with a fever. I awoke with every joint and muscle sore. I felt for those woman whom deal with fibromyalgia. I am a very "get up and go" person and this cold knocked me down. Then I read Kara's blog about jealousy and knew I no place to complain.

So, our crazy life. Yesterday (probably because I was getting sick) I was not in the best of moods. I was miffed that my living circumstance we confined to 1100 sq ft and a dad whom works from home.  Nine people here all. day. long. Boy, did I screw up. My actions were not of such of repeating. I function better in cleanliness and I am always looking for ways to organize.

Kids have been in a funk even since before our vacation and chore effort was lacking. In such a little space, one can't let things go messy for very long. Then on top of "encouraging" kids to get their work down, the little ones need my attention and love. Even Hadassah just wants me to "teach" her. I felt an overwhelming guilt of exhaustion from being spread so thin! Thankfully to my rescue, Sean had a family meeting that night and today has gone so much better.

He woke everyone up at 7:30, had bible time and made sure everyone was doing their morning routine. Then everyone didn't have specific chores till before lunch. Everyone helped pick up the house in the morning and  to the school work they went. I was amazed how quiet the house was.. I just wish I wasn't feeling so gross.  Thank you my love!

I day dream from time to time what it would be like to have all my kids in school and my husband at work. I think I would go crazy from the quiet. I can't imagine life as such. But as Sean said many would think the same about me. They would go crazy in my circumstances... lol.

All is well with my soul. I love my kids. I love my husband. and yes, I love my small home.

Life in pictures...

homemade as ramen gets. noodles and chicken from scratch!


matching jammies for the winter

logs from a neighbor friend :) cheap playset

when the kids get ahold of a camera, i find chicken feet on my computer

jack the wonder dog! lydia made a coat for him and our neighbors chihuahua

amazing fall gift before the winter zap. the largest one yet to bloom.
thank you sean!

yes, the kids did a chicken photo shoot. i have about 20 different pictures of these "pets"
mr and mrs miller and jazelle in the center ;)


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.


1 comment:

  1. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails