Blessed to review another bible for YOU! This review will be slightly different because my (almost 15 year old) son will also be sharing his opinion too. :D
Honestly, I have the same bible since my 18th Birthday (a present to myself). Thus, I am really picky when it come to translations and finding a new bible use!
(btw: I am thankful to be able to even hold the word of God in my home without being persecuted or arrested. So I while I enjoyed these things, they are not necessary for me to grow in the Word of God.) ;-)
The simple things I really enjoyed about The Apologetics Study Bible:
- the font size was very clear and readable
- LOVED having bible indent tabs on the side, especially with a new Bible
- hard bound, yet not overwhelming thick for a study bible
- great resources and notes for in-depth studying. (This came in really handy for the 1 John woman's study I have been leading.)
- the HCSB version was AWESOME for our morning readings in 1 Kings. It was very understandable to the kids when reading aloud.
- My absolute FAVORITE part: Elijah took it to bed and completely enjoyed all the Articles and "Twisted Scripture" sections. He loves facts and was telling me all about it the next morning.
There is also a 16 week video series. Each is only a few minutes long which Sean McDowell shares on all sorts of questions we face in our faith as Christians.
I particularly liked the one on the Dead Sea Scrolls :) Have you ever heard how they were found? It is pretty cool!
I haven't showed Elijah yet, but tonight I saw they have a list of Free Study Downloads. Check these out if you are a leader in church, student of the Bible or a Homeschool Parent!
Without further ado, here is a quick note from Elijah!
- I read the study bible's translation and extra content, and I'm pretty satisfied.
- After reading a portion of the translation I discovered that it takes some of the older measurements and weights and puts them in more modern context, making it much easier to understand things like furlongs and cubits in the bible.
- Even though it was a newer translation, it didn't shift meanings or leave out specific words in key passages in the bible.
- Then the extra content, things like questions and answers and historical information were pretty spot-on and I would be very comfortable taking their advice on the topics in the study bible.
A Few Features of The Apologetics Study Bible for Students HCSB:- Book Introductions for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible.
- Study Notes provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture.
- 120 Articles written by today's leading Christian thinkers dealing with life's ultimate questions.
- 60 Twisted Scriptures address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrine contrary to historic Christian teaching.
Also, this summer, the gift of Confident Faith is being celebrated with 16 brand new, but energetic and brief videos featuring Sean McDowell, free resources like Bible studies and articles as well as wonderful specials on apps and Bibles. There are new resources every week - a full 16 weeks of resources when it is all done. AND, if that weren't enough, a Confident Faith Sweepstakes is being offered to give away Bibles, free mini libraries of B&H's best apologetics resources and even a trip for two to the National Conference on Christian Apologetics (NCCA) being held October 16-17, 2015 in Charlotte, NC where some of the world's leading thinkers will offer insights and teaching.
The AWESOME news: I get to give ONE READER this amazing bible! All you have to do is enter the Rafflecopter below!! Whoo hoo! My giveaway will END Aug 21st...
Don't want to wait you can purchase your Apologetics Study Bible HERE ON LIFEWAY.
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”