Saturday, September 19, 2015

Realizing I had a really good day..


Being that my day started out with a headache while we were hurried off to a local parade (with the house in shambles), I am encouraged by how God met me through it all.  

I sit now at my computer nursing my sweet 19 month old to sleep, thankful it felt like a Saturday. As a mom, I really struggle with not having "a weekend" (like it is my right or something). Our weekend morning routine changes very little. Our older kids get to stay up later, yet the younger ones are still up at 6:30am. 

I am blessed, making some mental note of my day:

Realized my kids have hardly ever been to parades! Jason was in awe of the Marine marching band. The kids even got stuffed animals (a man was throwing them off his float). So cool.
Then we went to a new "huge" park.

Elijah wanted to stay home (I was totally fine with) and cleaned up the house without me asking.

I actually crocheted a little, while the husband napped. I felt in no rush to have the kids do their weekend chores.

Sean rocked it, changing the brake pads of our huge van! They were in pretty bad shape. I just pretended he was on a Road Block from the Amazing Race ;) cheering him on. hehe

I laid on the couch for a few minutes.. very nice, but stirred a little grumpy getting mad at Jason for being so loud. I got over it.

Sean helped me plate everyones dinner tonight. We found whatever leftovers in the refrigerator. Bonus.  We ate dinner together on the back deck together.

I sipped on my favorite Hazelnut coffee..read some of my gigantic book Anna Karenina, while the little littles played on the playset. On page 130 out of 960ish! Managed not to get bit by a single mosquito.

The first in what seems like years: We made sure all the kids clothes were set out for church tomorrow and the hubby bathed the Littles.

Now for some ice cream with my husband while my older kids watch National Treasurer. 

Guess, I did have a Saturday ;)

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;

To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,

And Your faithfulness every night,
Psalm 92:2


From today...

video




From last night...


Earlier in this week...








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails